The organizing committee has applied for necessary permission from government of India.
No objection certificate from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Frequently Asked Questions Relating To Conference VISA
The following FAQs will give you an understanding of how to apply for & obtain a conference VISA.
Q. Who is eligible for a conference VISA?
A. To be eligible for a conference visa, you must:
- Be a foreigner whose sole purpose of visiting India is to attend a conference/seminar/workshop being held in India
- Hold a valid passport and a re-entry permit if required by your home country.
- Not be persona-non-grata to the Government of India.
- Not be considered an undesirable person.
- Be a person of assured financial standing.
Q. What is the duration of a conference VISA?
A. Conference VISAS are issued for the duration of the conference and the travelling time. However, delegates can combine tourism with attending the conference. The maximum validity of a conference visa is 6 months, subject to the usual conditions applicable for granting a tourist VISA.
- The process of obtaining a conference VISA is relatively straightforward. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and to submit all required documentation. If you have any questions, you should contact the Indian Mission in your home country.